9.08.2011

Perfume Collection

With my recent infatuation with Gucci Flora, I thought now would be a good time to share my perfume collection! I think it's pretty fair to say I have a liking towards floral or fruity scents, especially when they have a warm note to tone it down. I do have to mention that I've only purchased two of these perfumes. Two were given to me by a generous friend, one swapped with another friend, and two given to me as gifts. Anyways, let's get to it!

Ta-da~ My perfumes sitting on a dish from Marshalls. 

from left to right:

DKNY 'Be Delicious' - This perfume is the oldest and fruitiest bunch of them all. My sister got this as a bday gift for me many years ago (hi sis. thanks sis~). It was one of the first perfumes of my "adult" life after I graduated from Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren scents in my teen years. heheh. This sturdy round bottle has held up through thick and thin and seems to never go down! You can definitely smell the apple, cucumber, and tuberose. It's just such a sweet smell that I can only afford to wear during the spring or summer, especially when it's a day I feel like frolicking around in a dress. Overall, fruity and fresh. 

Escada 'Pacific Paradise'  - This limited edition Escada perfume (what they're known for) was exchanged with a friend for my Cool Water Happy summer. I'm not quite sure how to explain this scent, but it's definitely a powerful burst of scents for your nose. What sticks out to me are the notes of amber, candy, fruits, and flowers. I know that's so vague, but it's really a concoction. This fits my mood when I'm feeling girly. Fun for days out or even a date, but beware... the smell can be overwhelming! Overall, floral, fruity, and feminine. 

Giorgio Armani 'Armani Code' - This perfume is one that I'm still getting used to (thanks grace!!!). It definitely has notes of wood that make this perfume much warmer and richer than the rest of my collection. The vanilla, ginger, blood orange blossoms, and jasmine are easily detectable. It's soothing though because of the wood and also hints of lavender. It's almost a little seductive. :O Overall, warm and womanly. 

Burberry 'Summer' - I picked this bad boy up in Ktown during a Christmas sale. I think I got it for half-off. Score! Anywho, this limited edition bottle was a must-have after smelling it at my friend's house. I was already in love with two other Burberry scents, and I thought this would be the perfect perfume for... well duh, summer. It has floral scents of freesia, lily, and rose, but a crisp twist with notes of citrus, vanilla, and wood. It's fresh, but really warm and dark at the same time. I would say this is for when you're feeling sophisticated on summer days. :P 


from left to right: 

Marc Jacobs 'Daisy' - I was seriously obsessed with this perfume for the longest time. Too bad everyone around me hates it. (namely you, joyce!) I think it's just a different smelling perfume that always excites my lil' ol' nostrils. I mean, it's pretty heavily scented with vanilla, musk, jasmine, and gardenia, which I can see being overwhelming to a lot of people. But to me, it's magical. Apparently there are some notes of strawberry and grapefruit. See? Not too bad... My cousin got this for me as a bday/christmas gift and I was ever so grateful. I may be running out of this sometime soon (it will be the first perfume I finish before it expires!), but I don't feel confident I could finish a full size bottle in the future. They're just so ginormous with their huge daisy-heads... intimidating. See?? My one daisy is so much more friendly and cute. Overall, I think Sephora got it on the dot: "floral with a vintage edge."

Burberry 'The Beat' - Bergamot, musk, and wood. I think even a little "soapy." It's a really sophisticated scent that not everyone loves as much as I do. I used to go spray myself with this perfume at Sephora and just love how the middle and base notes were just as rich as the top notes, even hours after application. I would smell my shirt when I got home like a lunatic. haha Anyways, I love this perfume and I think it's perfect - absolutely perfect - for the fall, and even all year round (Daisy would also be a close contender). Overall, floral and spicy. Mmmmm..

Juicy Couture 'Viva la Juicy' - Last, but definitely not least, is my favorite amongst the bunch. I introduce to you - Viva la Juicy! Now mind you, I have always been anti-Juicy tracksuits and tacky charm bracelets and what have you, but I absolutely love this perfume. The only reason why I gave this perfume a chance was because of makeup guru Tiffany D spoke about it on her channel. I went into Sephora and fell in love instantly. I'm a sucker for gardenia and jasmine in light doses, but even more for vanilla. And this perfume has it all. When you first spray the perfume, you smell the top notes of berries and mandarin. Then the floral notes kick in. And then you're left with yummy amber, caramel, and vanilla when top notes have faded. I luuuuuuv. I first purchased the $18 rollerball, but I became a possessed woman who reapplied every other hour. I caved when I heard that this could be found at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I scored! $30! I've been wearing this flirty scent pretty much everyday since the day I've purchased it and haven't given any of my other perfumes the time of day. Sorry guys. 
Anyways, it's perfection and I will definitely invest in a bigger bottle when I run out in the future. 


Wish list: 
Gucci 'Flora'
Burberry 'Brit Sheer'
Fresh 'Sugar Lychee'
Stella McCartney 'Stella The Print Collection'
Hermes Fragrant Set


What are your signature scents or on your wish list for perfumes???

4 comments:

  1. i remember when i was going thru all the perfumes at sephora... i was seriously considering flora (mainly because i liked the packaging) before i finally settled on miss dior.

    base notes? top note? wth are u talking about? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sorry! the notes are like the "levels" of the fragrance... the top being what you smell initially, middle after fragrance as set and the main "chunk", and base is what stays on... i had to learn it for michael kors -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. jo malone's english pear and freesia. but it's SO EXPENSIVE :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. petite cherie in the summer and narciso rodriguez in the winter

    ReplyDelete