4.06.2012

MAC

One of my boyfriend's friends began working for MAC's corporate office in NYC and generously offered to hook me up with his FAT (I'm talkin' over 50% fat) discount. It was music to my ears. I had to restrain myself from ordering the entire line and just stuck to "essentials" I've been eyeing for the past year. I forgave my bf for leaving me during my spring break to go on a trip to NY in exchange for makeup. :P 




239 Eye Shader & 266 Small Angled Brush 
I just had to have these brushes because the Pixiwoo sisters use them without fail in every tutorial. The 266 is so precise! My brows have never looked so clean. 

left right, top to bottom: Well Dressed, Melba, Harmony Blush
Rubenesque Paint Pot, Fluidline Blacktrack
Of the 3 blushes, I wanted Melba the most. I normally lean towards peachy-toned blushes and love the matte finish. Well Dressed and Harmony only made it due to curiosity because they are considered cult favorites. I was pleasantly surprised with the satin sheen from Well Dressed and that it looked okay on my skin tone. I never felt like pink would "work" on me. Exposed was much darker than I expected. I have never owned a MAC blush and did not know how pigmented are! Rubenesque feels rather greasy! It does last all day without creasing, but I don't like how it feels when I dip my finger in the pot. I love the golden peachy tone, but it still can't replace my love for Benefit's Birthday Suit. I didn't necessarily need Blacktrack after purchasing Tarte's gel liner, but it was too late to cancel my order. It builds to an opaque matte finish, but it does take several layers. I will do a post comparing swatches soon! 

Top to bottom: Well Dressed, Melba, Exposed, Rubenesque 

If that wasn't already enough to get me through the year, MAC released their Spring collections yesterday! My sister and I were highly anticipating blushes from Tres Cheek, highlighters from In Extra Dimension, and lipsticks from Reel Sexy. We normally don't join in on the hype for limited editions, but this case was different! MAC is releasing their new liquid to powder formula, and since Estee Lauder produces MAC... we knew it was going to be big. What piqued our interest was the release of their highlighter in Superb. We missed our chance to get Laura Mercier's Rose Rendezvous, Estee Lauder's Modern Mercury, and Guerlain's Cruel Gardenia, and apparently this was the next best thing. Check out this amazinggggg post by Bloomin' Beauty Blog comparing swatches.
After swatching all the new products, I only ended up leaving with Superb & Modern Mandarin. I really enjoyed EVERY single blush from the Tres Cheek collection, but I really couldn't justify getting any more MAC products. >_< Superb is obviously a rosy peach highlighter. It doesn't feel as creamy and cool to the touch as Estee Lauder's highlighters do, but it will do! I originally wanted Immortal Flower when looking at online swatches, but I fell for the satin finish of Modern Mandarin. I can't wait to wear it this spring and summer!

L-R: Modern Mandarin from Tres Cheek & Superb from In Extra Dimension




What would your list at MAC look like if you had a discount?
What are your thoughts on the new MAC releases? Have you picked anything up?? 


Hope everyone enjoys their Good Friday and has a blessed Easter Sunday! )

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I don't know what I'd do with myself with a 50% discount on MAC *shudders* =P Probably collect all the brushes, then proceed to collect all the eyeshadows.... I'm so impressed that you showed restraint! I really love all the blushes you picked out--- the peachy, coral-y, tan-y colors are so perfect for now, Modern Mandarin especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was super hard!! I got all my other MAC brushes with a discount too... I can't imagine paying full price! So expensive!

      Delete