11.23.2011

Overview: Exfoliators

I'm not that much of an exfoliator buff (har har), but here are the ones I'm going through.

1) St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub
This is the newest addition to the club. I think it's one of my favorite exfoliators to date! It has such a clean, fresh, and yummy scent. What I enjoy most about this scrub is that it has tiny beads that are gentle, yet it's dense enough to feel like you're really scrubbing your face. This scrub has a good ratio of beads to the paste... if that's even what it's called. Basically, it's an awesome scrub if you're willing to spend $4 and I totally recommend it! If you're feeling iffy, at least smell it!!! Smells so good....
2) St. Ives - Apricot Scrub for Blemish & Blackhead Control
Who hasn't used this exfoliator? It's been around for ages and was the option to turn with all it's awards. I don't think I've been without this exfoliator since high school... but I'm so over it! This is the epitome of a "scratchy" exfoliator. I was excited to try their new formulations with their new packaging, but it's pretty much the same thing. I'm not into rough exfoliators, especially since my skin has become more sensitive. I don't enjoy the feeling of my skin burning... It's taken me forever to get through it because I leave it in the shower, but it will be replaced by my new favorite, the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. And I haven't seen any blemish or blackhead control.
3) DermaNew - Microdermabrasion
This came with a handheld scrubber that I'll speak about below. I haven't used this scrub without it, so I don't have much to say. It's white with tiny microbeads. (ps, thanks sis for the gift!)
4) Ambi - Even & Clear Exfoliating Wash
I used this cream when I was going through the worst year-long breakout of my life. I think I was going through hormonal changes after graduating college and my skin was wigging out on me. I even tried ProActiv! (it didn't help) Anyways, this cleanser caught my eye one day and I wanted to see if it would help with evening my skin tone after all the scarring left on my forehead. I absolutely love the scent of this pearly cream, but I love it even more now because I associate it with the time my skin began to clear up. Now I don't fully credit this product to the clearing of my skin, but it was a nice alternative to the St. Ives Apricot scrub because this is more like a cleanser and exfoliator put into one. It's extremely gentle on the skin with tiny microbeads that aren't densely packed into the formula. It's definitely something that could be used daily unlike the other exfoliators I've discussed. The only reason why I own it right now is because I haven't seen this line carried in Target for years and I ran across it this summer and thought it was time for a little reunion.
5) Clarins - One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
This cleanser came with the Clarins package I ordered from Hautelook this summer. The cleanser has a gel consistency with round beads sparsely dispersed through the formula. Now I know I'm not one for harsh exfoliators, but this is too far on the opposite side of the spectrum. I would think this would be ideal for mature or extremely sensitive skin. I could imagine my mom or grandma liking this exfoliator... which is why I should have steered clear from Clarins in the first place. I am not digging this barely-grazing-the-face-exfoliator action... nor it's orange scent.

This is the DermaNew set my sister got me. This "Facial Rejuvenation System" includes the dual-sided resurfacing tool, the microdermabrasion cream, a body foam applicator, a facial foam applicator, and a facial cleansing brush. The tool can either be used as long as you'd like or with it's 2 minute timer. I usually use the 2 minute timer, apply my Body Shop Seaweed gel cleanser onto the cleansing brush side, and clean my face whenever  I want a decent scrub. I will also use the foam applicator with the microdermabrasion cream time to time. There are tons of different tools on the market, both high and low end. I think it's worth the investment because it just revives the face better than what your hands can do!

I think the only scrub I'll repurchase is the Green Tea from St. Ives. I haven't been on the lookout for new exfoliators because I've had my eye on the Clarisonic Mia... the ultimate exfoliator. I hope to be a proud owner one day!! :P

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree with you... st. ives apricot scrub sucks. haha!

    by the way, I bought the clairsonic mini mia brush... i love it! you should get one too if you can! :)

    ReplyDelete