3.27.2012

Spring Fling

Sephora+OPI+Betsey Johnson. Need I say more? 
These three have teamed up to bring us adorable sized bottles full of festive colors in cute packaging. I couldn't be any happier! And honestly, who really goes through full-sized bottles anyway? These are the perfect amount for our fleeting tastes! :) 




 XOX Betsey, Alley Cat, Too Too Turq 

 Colors in reverse order 

 Yellow My Name is Betsey, Son of a Gun, Pushing Your Luck

Colors in reverse order


I'm seriously loving these colors!!!! 
XOX Betsey - This nudy gray pink applies with a cream finish in one coat! It has a nice gloss to the formula and seems so easy to wear! I can definitely see use for this polish all year round. 
Alley Cat - This polish looks quite "gelly" when applied. There are tiny, subtle gold particles that are barely visible as well. This is a fun pop of color... especially if you find a matching hot pink lipstick to go with it! 
Too Too Turq - Loving this!! There are tiny iridescent flecks in this creamy formula. It's not a turquoise that is too bright or neon, but has just the right amount of brightness. 
Yellow My Name is Betsey - It's hard to find a yellow that is just right. This tone compliments my skin tone and doesn't look dull or mustardy. 
Son of a Gun - This gunmetal based polish comes off pretty sheer with some silver shimmer. It's not too overbearing in any way and can tone down some bright looks. 
Pushing Your Luck - This red has a "gelly" finish as well. I'm thinking they may look similar to the finish of Chanel's spring polishes? It applies opaque in two coats, yet still looks like gelly. It's a fun take on red nails! 

Overall, this set is definitely filled with colors that can really add some POP to your spring outfits. I think the choice of colors was excellently crafted and can be used for any occasion! I love the variety of choices and that I don't feel burdened with having to use up all 6 bottles. The quality of polishes are also superb. They all apply opaque within one to two coats and do not go on streaky. This mini set retails for $24 at Sephora so go and see them in person if you can!

It's still a bit nippy in Southern California, but it already feels like Spring on my nails! :) 
What are your favorite Spring nail polishes? 



No comments:

Post a Comment